Vision & Values
Our Christian Vision
We are an inclusive Church School with a commitment to providing quality education that meets the needs of all. We aim to create successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens through our Christian approach of love and cooperation. ‘Let all that you do be done in love’ encourages us to have a lifelong love of learning so we flourish as human beings.
At St Barnabas C.E First and Middle School we treat each other with mutual respect, pride ourselves on our positive relationships and work in a climate where we can lay the foundations for our values to be built upon.
Our School Special Values are:
Christian Values Education underpins all aspects of our school life and gives staff and pupils the opportunity to discuss and reflect on the values in life that they believe in. Every month we base our Collective Worship times and personal, social, health and citizenship education (PSHE) lessons on the value in order that all children understand their importance for all people in society and throughout the world and its importance in the Christian faith.
Christian Values Education will enable our children to:
- Be happy and special in their own way
- Trust each other
- Listen to each other and learn from each other
- Learn from any mistakes they may make
- Feel safe
- Feel loved and cared for
- Be confident and have high self esteem
- Use their skills to the best of their ability
- Be highly successful learners in their own right.
- Be truly creative
- Make a difference to the world through who and how they are
- Develop good relationships with a wide range of people
- Treat everyone with respect
- Take responsibility for themselves and their actions
- Develop a maturity of thinking
- Develop a wisdom about themselves and their world
- Experience the thrill of, and develop a thirst for, learning
- Have self respect and behave responsibly
- Be resilient and learn through being able to overcome challenges.
- These values underpin all that we do in inspiring excellence now and in the future
How does the teaching of Religious Education underpin the Christian vision of the school?
RE in this school contributes to the outworking of our vision by ensuring that as a school we create safe learning environments in which the children feel able to express their opinions and view without judgement. As a school we ensure that children and adults feel as though they can talk about Christianity and other world religions in the way that Jesus taught us all to love one another. Everything we do is underpinned by our love and care for one another. At St. Barnabas, love is the root that grounds us in our day-to-day lives in school and outside in the wider community. We show care, compassion and love to everyone around us.